For any privacy-related questions, you can reach us at email@example.com
Who We Are
ielts-studio.com is a WordPress-based website which provides information and services to people preparing to take the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Exam.
Sharing Your Data
We use third-party services (data processors) across our sites. The extent to which your data is shared with these providers depends on your use of our services, and we list the specific third-parties in use (with links to their privacy policies) in the sections below.
We disclose your data only to our employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf or to provide services, and (ii) that have agreed, in writing, not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using our websites and services, you consent to the transfer of such information to them.
We will not rent or sell your personal information to anyone. We may be required to disclose an individual’s personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If ielts-studio.com, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that ielts-studio.com goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of ielts-studio.com may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
If we ever were to engage in any onward transfers of your data with third parties for a purpose other than which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized, we would provide you with an opt-out choice to limit the use and disclosure of your personal data.
Personal Data We Collect
- If you create an account, you will be prompted to select a username and provide your email address.
- When choosing a username, we strongly advise you not use or include your real name. Usernames cannot be changed.
- Your username and email address are stored in the website’s database. Your email address is used to send you an email with a link to set your password or to send you an email with a link to reset your password in the event you forget your password.
- A unique User ID is automatically generated and assigned to you when you create an account.
- Once an account is created, you must contact us to have it deleted.
- You may optionally complete your profile by providing your first name, last name, and/or biographical info. These additional details are also saved in the website’s database. You may edit these details, and your email address, in your profile at any time.
- You may also choose how your name is displayed (your Display Name) to visitors to the site (e.g. in comments you create) in your Profile.
- Your Username, First Name, Last Name and Email Address are accessible by administrators on the site.
- If you attempt to log in to our site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies at all. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- If you have an account and you log in to a site, we will set up several cookies to save your login information and some of your screen options. The logged-in cookies last for two days, and the screen options cookies last for a year.
- If you select “Remember Me” these cookies will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. It is important that you log out if you are using a public computer.
- For registered members, we store the data they provide in their profile indefinitely. All registered members can see, change or delete most of that data at any time except their login name/nickname.
- For paying customers (whether registered members or not) we store the data they provide at the time of purchase for 3 years. IP addresses are anonymised after 1 year. All Paying customers can see, or request a deletion of that data at any time.
Publishing Content (Comments, Questions and Answers)
- Your Profile Picture (Gravatar), Display Name, and Biographical Info (if any) may be visible to visitors to the website (e.g. if you leave a comment, question or answer).
- Un-registered visitors can read comments, questions and answers but only signed-in members can search for other members and read their profile.
- If you upload media (e.g. images) to the website (in the question and answer forum or comments), you should avoid uploading images with EXIF GPS location data included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data included in images on the website.
- Visitors using the website’s REST API interface can correlate uploaded media to a particular user. This may allow such visitors to map a user to a particular time and location if EXIF GPS location data was included in the uploaded media.
- If you edit or publish an article/post, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- When members leave comments on our site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- Comments may require manual approval by one of our administrators or site owners.
- Published content and comments are stored indefinitely unless deletion/removal is requested by the original author.
- We keep the email address of people who email us. We do not store other information about people who email us other than the email itself, which we keep indefinitely. All our emails are kept on the server at SiteGround using Roundcube open source webmail software which has inbuilt security features.
- If customers buy one of our services using the contact forms on our website, will have their email address, IP address, and any data provided in the contact form. This data is stored with the plugin Forminator developed by Wpmudev. IP addresses are anonymised with 1 year and all data is deleted after a period of 3 years.
- We keep all email indefinitely to help us provide support and improve our services. Individuals can request copies of any previous correspondence with us at any time.
Embedded Content From Other Websites
- SlideShare (LinkedIn)
- YouTube (Google)
We use email marketing to communicate with customers and potential customers from time to time. All email lists and campaigns are “opt-in” meaning we will not send you these sorts of emails unless you indicated that you wish to receive them during signup or other interactions on our website.
We may send you “system” emails, such as password reset requests or payment notifications/receipts even if you have not opted-in to email marketing lists.
All marketing emails sent by us will include an unsubscribe link in the footer of the email. Emails sent to you may also include standard tracking, including open and click activities.
Our site does not use any form of advertising
- For business analytics we use Forminator (Wpmudev).
- To comply with accounting and legal requirements, we keep data on financial transactions in the systems above for up to 10 years.
Hosting and API Services
In accordance with ielts-studio.com Terms of Service, we do not sell products, provide services or collect information from any person under the age of 14. If you are under the age of 14, you are not allowed to use the website. For minors aged between 14 and 18 and you must have the consent of your parent or guardian to use the website instead. For more information please read our terms and conditions.
Your Data Rights
Only members can post questions and answers, or leave comments on our website. The data collected on un-registered visitors to our website will be collected through cookies and will typically include the IP address used at the time of the visit.
If you have an membership account on this site you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Members can also request corrections, amendments, and deletion of inaccurate data.
For registered members this will include profile information and for those members who have left comments, the data will include their email address, the IP addresses used at the time of leaving the comments and the user agent strings of the browsers they used. The rest of the data is public as published by the member.
For paying customers, who may or may not be registered members, their data will include the biographical information provided at the time of registration (retained for 3 years), and the IP address used at the time of purchase (anonymised after 1 year) and financial information (10 years) .
- Members with any request relating to their data should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. We will try to respond to all request within one month.
Protecting Your Data
The security and reliability of our service is our number one priority.
Our website is built on WordPress which. See wordpress.org/about/security for details on the security of the WordPress core itself.
Prevention is best when it comes to security, and as a first step, we ensure all the plugins we use adhere to WordPress Code Standards.
Our data is stored using SiteGround servers, who take steps to ensure server security. See their details here.
We regular review our data use policies and procedures and ensure our privacy settings are appropriate and adequate.
We only use third-party services, such as Google Analytics, that are fully vetted and adhere to the highest levels of privacy and security practices.
Data Breach Procedures
Should any event occur where customer data has been lost, stolen, or potentially compromised, our policy is to alert our members and customers via email no later than 48 hours of our team becoming aware of the event. We will also report such incident to any required data protection authority. We will work closely with any customers affected to determine next steps such as any end-user notifications, needed patches, and how to avoid any similar event in the future.